2012年6月1日 星期五

Act of Valor︰這就是SBSH的精神


Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
(認真過你的生活,讓死亡的恐懼永遠無法入侵你的心靈。)
Trouble no one about his religion.
(不去褻瀆別人的宗教信念。)
Respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours.
(尊重別人的觀點也要求他們尊重你的。)
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
(熱愛你的生命、完滿你的人生、讓生命中的一切事物更加美麗。)
Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.
(尋求你的生命並去服務你的人民。)
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
(備好一首高貴的死亡之曲,好好地迎接生死界限的那一天。)
Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.
(與朋友相聚或擦身而過的時候,不要忘了給予他們言語或手勢上的致意,
即使是在僻靜之處所遇到的陌生人也不該視而不見。)
Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
(尊重所有的人,但絕不低聲下氣。)

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.
(當清晨起床的時候,感激你所擁有的光明、生命與力量。)
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
(感激你的食物不虞匱乏並能享受活著的喜悅。)
If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
(假如你找不到任何值得感激的理由,那是你自己的問題。)
Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
(不要謾駡任何人或任何事,謾駡只會將智者變成傻瓜,並奪走他們具備遠見的靈魂。)

When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.
(當你生命將盡的那一刻,不要像那些內心對死亡充滿恐懼的人們一樣,在臨終之前哭泣著、祈求著生命能重來一次好做出不同的抉擇、活出不同的方式。)

Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.
(高唱你的死亡之歌吧!然後如英雄般的視死如歸。)

~ Chief Tecumseh (Crouching Tiger) Shawnee Nation 1768-1813 ~

沒有留言: